A mud tank is an open-top container, typically made of steel, to store drilling fluid on a drilling rig.
They are also called mud tank mud pits, because they used to be nothing more than pits dug out of the earth.
40 ft x 8 ft x 8 ft mud tanks are the typical sizes.
Pipeline used are 6 inch sch 80 pipes.
The tanks are hydrotested, MPI and Load tested before dispatched.
Sunblasting is performed from inside and outside.
- Unibody design reduces manufacturing time and weight
- High tensile steel runners to improve life of skid
- Exterior mounted stairs
- Flip up level gage measuring zero to 32m^3. Optional digital level gauge as part of our site stability monitor package.
- Built in line pipe rack doubles as a wall stiffener and rack
- Fold up aluminum hand rails
- Fibergrate top deck with optional anti-static guard.
- Built in mini-degausser
- Remote mount valve handles accessible from onto of the deck.